Official Delta Goodrem Forums

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member
Topic Author

Wings of the Wild Tour: Canberra Show (Saturday 29 October, AIS Arena)

26 Jul 2016, 18:03

Let's start making threads for the individual shows so all those fans going to a particular show can discuss and potentially meet up!

This is the thread for the Canberra show taking place at the AIS Arena on Saturday October 29th. 

I plan on getting a VIP soundcheck ticket and attending (I feel greedy getting two VIP meet and greets).  Who else?!

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan

Re: Wings of the Wild Tour: Canberra Show (Saturday 29 October, AIS Arena)

27 Jul 2016, 01:00

I plan to buy a meet and greet ticket but I am worrying about when to pick up my ticket. The organisers have previously said you can only pick up the soundcheck and meet and greet ticket at the venue on the day of the concert. I work on Friday (October 28) so the earliest time I can fly to Canberra is Saturday morning. I would love to get a timeframe on when the ticket will be available for pick up, so I don't have to spend hours in the nation's capital before checking into the hotel at 2pm and going to the soundcheck. Otherwise I will settle for a gold category ticket and fly to Canberra at lunchtime Saturday.

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member
Topic Author

27 Jul 2016, 18:25

I plan to buy a meet and greet ticket but I am worrying about when to pick up my ticket. The organisers have previously said you can only pick up the soundcheck and meet and greet ticket at the venue on the day of the concert. I work on Friday (October 28) so the earliest time I can fly to Canberra is Saturday morning. I would love to get a timeframe on when the ticket will be available for pick up, so I don't have to spend hours in the nation's capital before checking into the hotel at 2pm and going to the soundcheck. Otherwise I will settle for a gold category ticket and fly to Canberra at lunchtime Saturday.
I think they'll give specific info in the email they said they'll send out about a week or so before the concert. Not much help now obviously, though.

Bernadette
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

27 Jul 2016, 19:04

Just so you know you're not greedy if you get multiple M&G's. You do you, and do what makes you happy!

Johnson you'll probably pick up the ticket on the day of the concert probably a few hours beforehand.

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member
Topic Author

27 Jul 2016, 19:22

Just so you know you're not greedy if you get multiple M&G's. You do you, and do what makes you happy!

Johnson you'll probably pick up the ticket on the day of the concert probably a few hours beforehand.
I know - but the Melbourne one was bought for me by my family for my birthday, too, so I think I want to keep that one special. :) If I get another one for Canberra, it won't feel as special.

ninafan
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

27 Jul 2016, 20:53

I know - but the Melbourne one was bought for me by my family for my birthday, too, so I think I want to keep that one special. :) If I get another one for Canberra, it won't feel as special.
understandable, with the Sound Check VIP you don't get to meet Delta just attend her sound check.

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan

27 Jul 2016, 23:59

Flights from Melbourne to Canberra on the Saturday is scarce.
Qantas has four daytime flights, leaving at 8.35am, midday, 1.15pm and 3.05pm.
Virgin has three daytime flights, departing at 8.30am, 1.25pm and 3.20pm.
If I take the morning flight I can pick up the meet and greet ticket easily but then I will have 4-5 hours to spare. If I take the lunchtime flight I will have to rush to the venue to pick up the ticket and straight to soundcheck and there is a risk that I may miss out if soundcheck starts early. I just want some certainty regarding ticket pick up time now, so that I don't have to change my flight booking two weeks out from the concert.

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member
Topic Author

28 Jul 2016, 09:05

Got my ticket! :)

Kade
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

28 Jul 2016, 09:31

Front row baby! Get ready Canberra, i'm coming

Miss_hali11
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

28 Jul 2016, 09:39

Stoked that this is on a Sat night which means I can come (despite being on prac during this whole thing) - I'm now coming up for the Canberra show as well as Brisbane. Can't believe I was lucky enough to get M&G! :) I am now broke though. a ha ha!