Official Delta Goodrem Forums

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

Re: New Album: Wings of the Wild - out July 1st!

13 Jul 2016, 18:17

How is the album doing this week? Does it look like it will stay at #1 for a second week? Just wondering what other promo is planned. Back in the day there were always loads of articles and magazine shoots. We don't see that so much lately - maybe because Delta is fed up with them?!
No, it's anticipated that The Avalanches will take #1 spot this week, as their album has been #1 on iTunes since the album's release on Friday.

gumnutgirl16
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

13 Jul 2016, 20:53

I just listened to all of Delta's albums in order. I still really connect well with Mistaken Identity and it was always a favourite, but Wings of the Wild is her best work. Now that I've really listened to them all these are my picks for favourite albums -
1. Wings of the Wild - every  song fits. Love the tempo
2. Mistaken Identity - just a beautiful and deep and moving album
3. Innocent Eyes - Just a couple of cheesy songs on there, but overall an amazing - age appropriate album. It is considered her best for a reason.
4. Child of the Universe - when I first heard this I thought it was her best work, but the album is weakened by some songs that didn't need to be  on there. Would have been a much strong 12-song album.
5. Delta - still got great songs and Believe Again will continue being a favourite, but the album just doesn't hold up as well as the others.

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan

13 Jul 2016, 22:21

How is the album doing this week? Does it look like it will stay at #1 for a second week? Just wondering what other promo is planned. Back in the day there were always loads of articles and magazine shoots. We don't see that so much lately - maybe because Delta is fed up with them?!
No, it's anticipated that The Avalanches will take #1 spot this week, as their album has been #1 on iTunes since the album's release on Friday.
Thanks to the Apple music ad that has been on TV every night. It will be great if Wings of the Wild can stay in the top 3.

Ressan
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

14 Jul 2016, 00:01

Yeah unfortunately Delta's gonna be fairly weak on physical sales this week, and has been outpaced by Avalanche and Blink-182 on iTunes for digital. A #3 position would be nice.

Hopefully she's got some more promo lined up to keep the album in the Top Ten for the coming month. That would be a good run imo.

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan

14 Jul 2016, 00:16

^ For a start Delta appeared on three FM stations in Sydney this (Wednesday) morning - KIIS, 2DayFM and Nova, in no particular order. You can find the links in the TV and Radio appearances thread.

Louisa
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

14 Jul 2016, 06:14

I wanted to add my congratulations to Delta on her 4th #1 album. So happy for her. All the hard work as paid off. I hope she takes a moment to sink all this in. She deserves it. It's great to see her back and so full of happiness and confidence. I don't think we've ever see her more determined. Proud fan!

http://www.sonymusic.com.au/news/delta-goodrems-album-wings-wild-reaches-1-aria-chart/
Delta commented; “I am so proud of this album – it’s the first time that I took on the producing reigns and it’s the first release through my new label ‘House Of Oz Records’.  It truly represents who and where I am right now.  I am so incredibly honoured that fans are embracing it and I can’t wait to share some of the new songs with everyone on my tour.”

Miss_hali11
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member
Topic Author

14 Jul 2016, 14:54

I wanted to add my congratulations to Delta on her 4th #1 album. So happy for her. All the hard work as paid off. I hope she takes a moment to sink all this in. She deserves it. It's great to see her back and so full of happiness and confidence. I don't think we've ever see her more determined. Proud fan!

http://www.sonymusic.com.au/news/delta-goodrems-album-wings-wild-reaches-1-aria-chart/
Delta commented; “I am so proud of this album – it’s the first time that I took on the producing reigns and it’s the first release through my new label ‘House Of Oz Records’.  It truly represents who and where I am right now.  I am so incredibly honoured that fans are embracing it and I can’t wait to share some of the new songs with everyone on my tour.”
I love this and totally agree! 

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan

15 Jul 2016, 00:07

The DNA team explains the story behind Wings, Delta's No.1 single of 2015, as part of the News Corp article.
Anthony Egizii: “I’d always been a big fan so working with her was daunting for the first few sessions, I wasn’t able to bring my full abilities before I got to know her. One morning I woke up and started playing the chord progression for the chorus on piano. The melody came into my head and I immediately thought of Blondie — the flip ‘What if I lose ...’ it’s repetitive and catchy but it’s not where a typical Delta song would go. We continued working on it and when everyone’s locked in and loves it the song writes itself quite fast. There has to be that one idea everyone brings to the table that everyone thinks is undeniable.”
David Musumeci: “Wings was a massive comeback single for Delta. So was You Ruin Me for the Veronicas. The canvas was blank.”

idolette
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

15 Jul 2016, 01:46

Received my signed copy in the mail today! :) Beautiful artwork, and although I've been listening to the album on repeat on Spotify, it's great to have a hard copy. So happy for Delta and all of her success with this album!

Brad
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

15 Jul 2016, 05:54

I also think it'll be #3 this week. I think it's great that there's space between now and the tour. It gives time for a fifth single to eventuate (how cool is that, five singles from an album!). I wonder how Only Human would have charted if she actually promoted it and released it to radio. Possible Top 15. Maybe.

I'm hoping Enough goes top 15 this week. I'd like to see it continue to grow but that would only happen if radio got behind it

I think it would be worthwhile for Delta to do a radio tour around the country and have instores in places shes not doing the tour. That would really help the album get out there and build up the song too. Nothing wrong with waiting for the fifth single in order to do that

I think she should do NZ soon, all for the reason so she can do a date along the tour there. It only makes sense.

Not sure when she'd hit the UK but unsure how she'll approach it either. What single is she going to use to break there? In The Name Of Love? Feline? Encore? It can't be Enough - especially since it didnt go to #1 in Australia where things are tested first