Official Delta Goodrem Forums

Kyle
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

Re: Album #6

07 Mar 2019, 09:19

Wooooo the fact that 24 songs have been registered (i'm assuming all in one go or close to it) means we must pretty much be gearing up for the start of an era. Perfect timing with the voice about to start also. Gets me thinking - what are you hoping for this era? 
I'd love more pop princess experimentation seeing her go in the same vein as TAY and serve a full choreo sensation (for a chorus at least!) in a video. That's definitely an all time wish for me. However I wouldn't mind a more grown up COTU.
Another random thought I had is I that I would love to see a Delta interpretation of Kylie's Impossible Princess sound and look. I think that would be such a concept - especially if she created some weird and funky electropop sounds but entirely with an orchestra. 

Haha! It's clear my morning coffee is hitting in and my imagination is soaring so i'll sign off now. But I am super excited to hear everyone's wishlist! Let's get excited! 

Jamesyboy
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

13 Mar 2019, 19:42

Hoping for another Innocent Eyes/Mistaken Identity

Memories
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

14 Mar 2019, 10:13

Jamesyboy wrote:

I can’t see this happening at all. From what she has said I am sure she is gong within the vibes of “Think About You” and that is so far and away from both albums. It would be similar to Britney Spears doing another “...Baby One More Time” album!

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member
Topic Author

14 Mar 2019, 13:38

Memories wrote:
Jamesyboy wrote:

I can’t see this happening at all. From what she has said I am sure she is gong within the vibes of “Think About You” and that is so far and away from both albums. It would be similar to Britney Spears doing another “...Baby One More Time” album!

I'm pretty sure she's abandoned the "Think About You" vibe, given how poorly the song was received. 
But I agree, we won't get another "IE"/"MI".

Kyle
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

26 Mar 2019, 09:08

I NEED NEW MUSIC... SOMETHING D:

Bunnylove
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

27 Mar 2019, 04:43

Me too.... i want new music !!! 

Miss_hali11
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

01 Apr 2019, 07:53

GrrArgh wrote:
Memories wrote:
Jamesyboy wrote:

I'm pretty sure she's abandoned the "Think About You" vibe, given how poorly the song was received. 
But I agree, we won't get another "IE"/"MI".

Anything cohesive. I feel like IE, MI and WOTW were cohesive albums that told a story - Delta and COTU weren't, in my opinion. And she needs to stay far away from the TAY sound - honestly that wasn't her best work. 

Jamesyboy
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

01 Apr 2019, 15:51

The list of new songs, is that available to the public to find or is it private information where you need to log in?

Ressan
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

02 Apr 2019, 12:53

Haven't been here in a while.

The Voice is very useful for promoting Delta. No it doesn't get her any new fans, but there's a lot of people out there who do like Delta & would listen to or buy her music but don't really keep up with her releases. Being on the show & having that promo & exposure is really great for reaching that audience. Yes she gets some flack, but it's from the same people as always - and honestly she's definitely getting a lot less hate than she has in the first few seasons.

As for the album, I'm not expecting it till mid 2020. I bet she's going to have a more modern sound but seeing as TAY bombed I doubt she'll go for that sound completely.

To be honest I think TAY would have done great if the version released was the John Gibbons mix. That remix sounds way more catchy imo.

Kyle
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

09 Apr 2019, 08:25

Ressan wrote:
Haven't been here in a while.

The Voice is very useful for promoting Delta. No it doesn't get her any new fans, but there's a lot of people out there who do like Delta & would listen to or buy her music but don't really keep up with her releases. Being on the show & having that promo & exposure is really great for reaching that audience. Yes she gets some flack, but it's from the same people as always - and honestly she's definitely getting a lot less hate than she has in the first few seasons.

As for the album, I'm not expecting it till mid 2020. I bet she's going to have a more modern sound but seeing as TAY bombed I doubt she'll go for that sound completely.

To be honest I think TAY would have done great if the version released was the John Gibbons mix. That remix sounds way more catchy imo.

I'm actually a little bit more optimistic it would have done better had their been a proper video release. I'm still salty she scrapped the choreo one. It climbed to #19 and i think had the promo been played right re: a performance on one of the morning shows it would have climbed. Let's also keep in perspective the song peaking at #19 and becoming her 21st top 20 hit is by no means a bomb. I am hoping she hasn't been completely turned away by TAY's reception and will still dabble with the modern, pop sounds. I'm also hoping she'll use the voice as a platform for promotion this year! Such a missed opportunity whenever she doesn't perform a single.