Official Delta Goodrem Forums

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

Re: Olivia Newton-John mini-series thread

14 May 2018, 11:39

I really think Channel 7’s intense promotion of the miniseries may have hurt it. I read and heard a lot of comments about people being sick of it just from the plethora of promos there was.

The second half will be interesting - I think it will definitely shed viewers. Which is a shame as I think Part 2 will probably be the most interesting.

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan
Topic Author

14 May 2018, 20:06

There were mixed comments on Twitter when the show was on air last night from those who are not Delta fans. Some liked the episode, some complained of the dialogue, cheap CGI effects (e.g. transforming Brighton beach into French Riviera) and casting of Delta.
Personally I quite like tonight’s part 1. I think the scriptwriting could be better, not sure if it was due to the fact that filming was rushed through in a month so Delta could get some rest before going to The Voice blind auditions last year.

According to News Corp, Nine showed an ad for the soundtrack at 8.27pm last night, in the final ad break of The Voice.

ninafan
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

14 May 2018, 22:52

There were mixed comments on Twitter when the show was on air last night from those who are not Delta fans. Some liked the episode, some complained of the dialogue, cheap CGI effects (e.g. transforming Brighton beach into French Riviera) and casting of Delta.
Personally I quite like tonight’s part 1. I think the scriptwriting could be better, not sure if it was due to the fact that filming was rushed through in a month so Delta could get some rest before going to The Voice blind auditions last year.

According to News Corp, Nine showed an ad for the soundtrack at 8.27pm last night, in the final ad break of The Voice.
they did, which surprised me a little since it's a channel 7 show but they probably did it to help Delta get a few sales.

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

15 May 2018, 07:11

they did, which surprised me a little since it's a channel 7 show but they probably did it to help Delta get a few sales.
Channel 9 wants to keep Delta on side. They could have easily stopped her from doing Olivia, because at the time it was filmed, she was under contract to Nine that prevented her from appearing on another network. But someone senior at Nine made sure she could do it as they have an interest in keeping Delta on Nine. Showing that soundtrack commercial is probably an extension of this loyalty to Delta.

ninafan
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

15 May 2018, 11:21

Channel 9 wants to keep Delta on side. They could have easily stopped her from doing Olivia, because at the time it was filmed, she was under contract to Nine that prevented her from appearing on another network. But someone senior at Nine made sure she could do it as they have an interest in keeping Delta on Nine. Showing that soundtrack commercial is probably an extension of this loyalty to Delta.
probably, if it gets the album more sales

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan
Topic Author

15 May 2018, 23:59

Herald Sun music writer Cameron Adams has written an opinion piece on News Corp's Rendezview website, defending Delta's casting in the mini-series.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/rendezview/delta-haters-were-just-waiting-for-chance-to-whine/news-story/4d9d004231fefc4dcaaa457e808d226c

Adam :)
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

20 May 2018, 22:38

The second episode was much better than the first. It was a really interesting story and I think delta was better this week!! Interesting to see how many viewers there were.

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan
Topic Author

21 May 2018, 21:09

Only 488,000 metro viewers saw part 2. It was not helped by the backlash against last week's part 1 and The Voice's one-hour overlap.

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

24 May 2018, 18:50

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan
Topic Author

30 May 2018, 00:21

The mini-series was shown on Three in New Zealand on Sunday and Monday this week. Part 1 flopped on Sunday even with the local version of Dancing with the Stars as a lead-in, so part 2 on Monday was pushed back by one hour to 9.30pm.