Official Delta Goodrem Forums

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member
Topic Author

Album #6

12 Apr 2018, 20:12

All the relevant info for album #6 can go in this thread, whenever stuff trickles in.

The first is this article from Popsugar where Delta explicitly talks about album #6:  https://www.popsugar.com.au/celebrity/Delta-Goodrem-Interview-April-2018-44731388

We can also expect a sixth studio album to drop that follows in the same vein as "Think About You", though she remained coy about giving away any specific details about a timeline. "I can say that there's a lot of freedom in it," Delta says. "It's where I'm at now — when you have a history of being around for a long time, it's like, I'm still young, and this [next] album has allowed me to let loose a bit."

"I've always said as an artist that there's always more to somebody as a human — we're so complex. It's sharing another side of me which as an artist, I'm excited for people to hear. I'm not always serious!"

Sanctuary
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

Re: Album #6

23 Oct 2018, 16:42

The new music she has been sharing on her instagram story today is sounding phenomenal! Hopefully this means a new album..."soon".

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member
Topic Author

23 Oct 2018, 18:29

The new music she has been sharing on her instagram story today is sounding phenomenal! Hopefully this means a new album..."soon".
It does, sounds great! I suspect no music until well into next year at the very earliest, but exciting to see these sneak peeks.

Bunnylove
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

23 Oct 2018, 19:53

Those extracts sound absolutely amazing. I'm impatient to hear more and more !

terry
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

23 Oct 2018, 19:57

The first song sounds great. I’m not expecting anything until 2020 at the earliest

Bunnylove
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

23 Oct 2018, 22:09

I made a little video with those extracts ! Enjoy <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6rRPY6 ... e=youtu.be

Flawed_by_goodrem
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

11 Dec 2018, 15:13

What are your predictions as to when we have a first official single for this album? I'm thinking next year around the lives ..
ILLUSIONS KEEP YOU WANTING MORE
JUST LOOK PAST REVOLVING DOORS

terry
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

11 Dec 2018, 15:35

What are your predictions as to when we have a first official single for this album? I'm thinking next year around the lives ..

if the voice is still on i reckon mid 2020.

dgireland
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

11 Dec 2018, 16:16

Delta definitely likes to take her time with albums haha so I don't think it'll be anytime soon, it has been 2.5 years though and the release of TAY would suggest that she has alot of material for an album and with the title '(the look book)' makes me think she may have a concept for an album but is waiting for the right time, its possible if TAY had done better an album would have quickly followed, so maybe she is waiting to get a 'hit' out to really promote a new album. 

My guess would be she will follow in the footsteps of wings as that was such a success and promote around the time of the Voice live shows with a song and if it does well follow on with the album like with WOTW. I would love to hear some b-sides/youtube tracks for us fans though, I would really love some new music, especially with her beau Matt, it could be an era of a really positive/fun/celebratory album following WOTW which was a very self-empowerment type album I felt! 

The current new idea/daily mail reports of Delta being a diva re: Guy Sebastian won't help with a release, such unnecessary and untrue media coverage is really disappointing as Delta really doesn't deserve those headlines, she is always such a positive tower of strength and im really predicting the media going to town on it as they are making it out as though this is the third judge she has had 'issues' with following Jessie and Boy G! 

All in all, I cant wait for new music, so hopefully 2019!!

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member
Topic Author

11 Dec 2018, 18:19

Delta definitely likes to take her time with albums haha so I don't think it'll be anytime soon, it has been 2.5 years though and the release of TAY would suggest that she has alot of material for an album and with the title '(the look book)' makes me think she may have a concept for an album but is waiting for the right time, its possible if TAY had done better an album would have quickly followed, so maybe she is waiting to get a 'hit' out to really promote a new album. 

My guess would be she will follow in the footsteps of wings as that was such a success and promote around the time of the Voice live shows with a song and if it does well follow on with the album like with WOTW. I would love to hear some b-sides/youtube tracks for us fans though, I would really love some new music, especially with her beau Matt, it could be an era of a really positive/fun/celebratory album following WOTW which was a very self-empowerment type album I felt! 

The current new idea/daily mail reports of Delta being a diva re: Guy Sebastian won't help with a release, such unnecessary and untrue media coverage is really disappointing as Delta really doesn't deserve those headlines, she is always such a positive tower of strength and im really predicting the media going to town on it as they are making it out as though this is the third judge she has had 'issues' with following Jessie and Boy G! 

All in all, I cant wait for new music, so hopefully 2019!!
She needs to leave The Voice. That show really doesn't do anything for anyone but the network, and even they are seeing diminishing returns year upon year. 
A new album I would wager 2020 at the earliest, but who knows, she might surprise us with earlier music. Given how 'TAY' performed, I'd say she'd be steering away from that sound. It was an alright track, but it wasn't anything that stood out of the crowd as mindblowing or even super catchy. It also didn't come across as genuine - I think she needs to wade into that side of the pool a bit more before songs like that come out so listeners don't perceive it as a cynical cash grab.