Official Delta Goodrem Forums

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member
Topic Author

Possible tour in 2019 - News and discussion thread

24 Jun 2019, 17:16

Just starting a new thread for any news and discussion of the possible tour that may be taking place later this year, as Delta briefly mentioned on The Voice.

I reckon if it is happening, it might be a greatest hits tour. Too soon for a new album, possibly a new single could eventuate as part of a greatest hits package.

In terms of connection to the Logies, her performance at the Logies has been described by TV Tonight as "a showstopper" (https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/06/logie-awards-presenters-performers.html), but doesn't mention a new song. That doesn't necessarily rule out a new song, but I'd have thought we'd have heard something by now, given that the Logies are now less than a week away. So it could be a cover song or it could be a greatest hits medley as a tease of things to come.

ninafan
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

Re: Possible tour in 2019 - News and discussion thread

24 Jun 2019, 20:52

I was surprised when she mentioned it last week, it was like uh what tour Delta?

terry
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

25 Jun 2019, 00:45

Yeah she wont be singing a new song at logies and the voice finale is less then 2 weeks away and still no news of new music

Kyle
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

25 Jun 2019, 08:26

I also thought it could be a greatest hits package .... seems like the next logical move in her career after 5 albums. But i'm just not sure of the benefits of it? I feel like only her close fans go to the tours and they already know the greatest hits and are starving for new stuff so it just feels a little redundant. Perhaps if it was a tour similar to Kylie's anti tour - performances of b-sides, unreleased and deep album cuts that would be fantastic! 

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member
Topic Author

25 Jun 2019, 17:19

I also thought it could be a greatest hits package .... seems like the next logical move in her career after 5 albums. But i'm just not sure of the benefits of it? I feel like only her close fans go to the tours and they already know the greatest hits and are starving for new stuff so it just feels a little redundant. Perhaps if it was a tour similar to Kylie's anti tour - performances of b-sides, unreleased and deep album cuts that would be fantastic! 
Yeah, but a GH package may be part of Delta's contract, so she might be using it as an opportunity to tour. She always says she'd like to tour more and maybe she sees this as an opportunity. 
She could still debut some new stuff or even some deep cuts/b-sides during the tour for the fans. Lord knows she knows that we want them.

Ressan
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

26 Jun 2019, 02:51

Never know really. WOTW was dropped on us just over a week after its announcement.
I could see a single being released within the next 2 weeks.

dgireland
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

27 Jun 2019, 17:04

im hoping for new music so much!

But...it would be a poor move to just drop a new song without any promo or build up....look how much promo was done for 'Dear Life' to get to number 3 and how TAY just came and went without making an impact given no promo was done! Whilst Wings went to number one, which was probably hugely helped by the voice performance.

The voice would be perfect to drop info on a new song and performance, get some hype, hashtags, media coverage and then also a  logies performace, great exposure to a huge number of watchers. Sadly it seems to be an opportunity missed for whatever reason be it personal or contractual. 

And from how she has been talking it seems new music is coming this year so unlikely she is banking on 2020 voice promo

I personally don't think a greatest hits album/promo/performance would do well as all of her tours have had all her hits, and her performance at the footy show a while back was a bit of a greatest hits montage and she has also done alot of BTT, OOTB, LWY mashes on tv over the years.....i dont see how a greatest hits would do well, i really think it would be a bit of a stagnant release, especially after her DVD only sold a few thousand copies albeit no promo was done for that either though. Delta doesn't really appeal to the masses as such, the way she used to. 
Also WOTW is 3 years ago now almost to the day, there was a painstaking wait for the DVD and also just dropped TAY with no support, i feel it would be very dissappointing for a greatest hits to be released after that long length of time.

Anyways thats all very negative which i apologise for and is just my opinion, I will always support Delta with whatever she does, I would just love to see her/Sony do a full strong promo for an album and see it do deservedly very well and she has ample opportunity at the moment for really great exposure that could catapult her to number 1. 

Hopefully something new this weekend!

ninafan
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

30 Jun 2019, 20:01

looks like she's performing a medley of her hits

Adam :)
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

30 Jun 2019, 21:14

Ugh .... Hope it's good. This adds more fuel to the greatest hits fire.

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member
Topic Author

30 Jun 2019, 22:54

Ugh .... Hope it's good. This adds more fuel to the greatest hits fire.
It's a good performance.  She spends most of the time at the mic, which is a nice change for her. And she looks stunning.