Official Delta Goodrem Forums

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan
Topic Author

The Voice Australia (Season 9)

16 Oct 2019, 23:28

Channel Nine announced at its upfronts this afternoon that The Voice would be back in 2020, with all four judges (Delta, Guy, Kelly and Boy George) returning. It's the first time in the show's history that there is no change in the judging panel.
Guy and Kelly attended the upfronts presentation at Sydney's Fox Studios (Kelly is in Sydney to perform at The Everest race day this Saturday).
https://twitter.com/TV_Blackbox/status/ ... 0317388800

However, there is no mention whether Sonia Kruger will return as host next year, nor the filming location. Fox Studios will be fully occupied in 2020 with the filming of two Marvel Comics movies: Shang-Chi in the first half of the year, and Thor: Love and Thunder in the second half.

inthislife
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

Re: The Voice Australia (Season 9)

22 Oct 2019, 04:23

When does The Voice normally debut on TV in Australia? Lets hope 2020 will also be the year of new Delta music!
Rachel

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan
Topic Author

22 Oct 2019, 23:23

The Voice normally airs from late April or early May to July.

ninafan
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

22 Oct 2019, 23:49

with filming to start around February so there's time for Delta to record some new music,, there's also time for her to take a well earned break

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan
Topic Author

07 Nov 2019, 00:02

There are reports today that Sonia Kruger has signed a new contract with Channel Seven, so Nine will have to look for a new host for The Voice. Kruger previously appeared on Seven in 2011, most notably as co-host of Dancing with the Stars. She switched to Nine in 2012 as host of Big Brother and then The Voice and Today Extra. Her partner Craig McPherson is also Seven's head of News & Current Affairs.

Brad
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

07 Nov 2019, 22:52

Who do we think will be the new host? There was a rumour it could be Sophie Monk since she hosts Channel Nines Love Island but I sincerely hope not...

It's a hard choice and considering the coaches lineup is the same - I feel like it's important who they bring on to host. I hope they don't pick David Campbell even though it would make sense

Morgan Evans makes sense to me. Attractive Aussie country singer who could do with a boost in profile and also has experience hosting the CMC Awards

I dont think Delta would want her ex Darren McMullen back on..

Im trying to think of a female who could do it that is signed to Nine and would be good for it. Maybe Sylvia Jeffreys? She is a stunning woman and well liked by people

GrrArgh
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

08 Nov 2019, 11:46

Who do we think will be the new host? There was a rumour it could be Sophie Monk since she hosts Channel Nines Love Island but I sincerely hope not...

It's a hard choice and considering the coaches lineup is the same - I feel like it's important who they bring on to host. I hope they don't pick David Campbell even though it would make sense

Morgan Evans makes sense to me. Attractive Aussie country singer who could do with a boost in profile and also has experience hosting the CMC Awards

I dont think Delta would want her ex Darren McMullen back on..

Im trying to think of a female who could do it that is signed to Nine and would be good for it. Maybe Sylvia Jeffreys? She is a stunning woman and well liked by people
Sonia leaving is one of the best things to happen to The Voice (and conversely, one of the worst things to happen to Big Brother - she is just not an interesting host).

Darren won't come back, it was his choice to leave and he's been less than complementary of the show since leaving.

I'd say Morgan Evans is too busy in the US, that's his main market and he's making good in-roads there. Plus, he's very much about touring, although Kelsea has done a bit on The Voice US, so you never know....

Sylvia Jeffreys is a good option. Livinia Nixon or Catriona Rowntree, maybe? In terms of male hosts, the only one I could think of is maybe Karl Stefanovic, since they're trying to lure him back to Today to save the show. But that's a big maybe, also because he's probably in the wrong demographic. Or maybe his brother, Peter.

David Campbell does make sense to me and a good option. He's not controversial or boring. 

It's hard to know, whether they'll go for someone they already have under contract or try to get someone brand new in. I wouldn't mind Gretel Killeen, honestly. Or perhaps they could poach Mark Humphries? Great sense of humour, younger, loves music, did well with Pointless towards the end. Could make it a lot more interesting. 

Kyle
New Delta Squad Member
New Delta Squad Member

10 Nov 2019, 08:14

Why not Sophie Brad? I adore her and think she'd bring something refreshing to the table, a welcome change after Sonia's staleness. I didn't particularly dislike Sonia I just think she was a bit superficial in that her range of emotions didn't move past frown at sad story, smile at happy story. 

Gretel Killeen would be a great asset! It's time for her to get back on Aussie TV. I'd go out on a whim and say i'd absolutely love for a drag queen to host the voice - what a concept. I think Chrissy Swan could be good also but unsure of what contractual relationships she has. 

Johnson
Elite Delta Fan
Elite Delta Fan
Topic Author

10 Nov 2019, 12:35

Chrissie Swan hosts breakfast radio on Nova 100 in Melbourne on weekdays with comedian Sam Pang and former AFL star Jonathan Brown. She occasionally appears on Have You Been Paying Attention? on Channel 10 (Sam is a regular on the show). Hosting The Voice means Chrissie won't be able to appear on other TV networks during the contract period.

Brad
Delta Squad Member
Delta Squad Member

10 Nov 2019, 14:20

Kyle I love Sophie as well. I watched an episode of Love Island and just dont like her speaking voice as a host.

A drag queen would be amazing but unfortunately I think it could alienate fans of the show from day one. Coaches can be controversial but I dont think that's the role of a host. Happy to be wrong

To be honest I probably wont be happy with whatever host they go with. I'd probably like for it to be someone like Ash London who actually cares for the Australian music industry